Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cynical Commentary II

Heh. Funny you should mention Maher. After I posted that piece, I pulled up the previous day's Real Time episode that I'd DVR'd and finally watched it. When Maher made that joke I sat there thinking "Son of a bitch. Next time, you really have ta watch all of the commentary shows before posting on a hot topic. Moron."

Thanks for the positive comments. I have to admit though, reading through it later, I thought the whole thing could have been edited down a whole lot and structured much more tightly. I assure you, the only reason parts of it sounded even halfway decent was due to the fact that this post allowed me to integrate a couple of separate ideas that I've been kicking around for a few years. The immigrant nation vs. ethnic nation and Huntington strands of thought in particular.